Looking for that just right combination of offerings in a MetroWest town? The small city of Wellesley, Ma might be that very place. Here are just a few answers to the question, “Why Live in Wellesley?”
- Location– Wellesley is located just 16 miles from downtown Boston making it a very comfortable commute. Access to 95 is just minutes away for that person driving to work or to the airport. If you prefer, take the commuter rail train from 3 different Wellesley stations into Back Bay or South Station.
- Schools– Wellesley Public Schools consistently rank among the top school districts in the state, usually making the top ten. Niche.com ranks Wellesley public schools #9 overall. If you prefer private education, there is also some wonderful options like Dana Hall, an independent day school and boarding school serving girls from the 5th – 12th grade, Tenacre Country Day School, a Pre-K through Grade 6 coed institution, and Saint John School, a Catholic based coed school serving children in early childhood through the 6th It is even home to two prestigious colleges, Babson College and Wellesley College, as well as offering a campus for Massachusetts Bay Community College.
- Vibrant Town Centers – Wellesley Hills, Linden Square and lively Wellesley Square offer a multitude of shops, services and dining establishments. You literally have dozens of choices from pizza joints, to diners, to restaurants with ethic fare such as Mediterranean cuisine, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and much more. Take the kiddos out for an ice scream, grab a sweet treat in one of the tasty bakeries, or relax over a hot beverage with a friend in a coffee shop.
- Outdoor activities – Wellesley offers miles of trails and conservation areas, making you feel far from the stress of life. Whether you want a beautiful setting to walk a dog, are up for a trail run, or simply want to get out into nature, you have many great choices. If you have small children, choose from a variety of town playgrounds and bring the older kids too so they can enjoy the basketball hoops and ballfields.
- Sense of community– Nothing says community like a town sponsored event or annual tradition. From Wellesley’s Wonderful Weekend featuring a parade and fireworks, to the outdoor Summer concert series at town hall, to community trick or treating for and Easter egg hunts, there is always something to look forward to in Wellesley that brings its residents together.
With a multitude of options for activities, superb schools, fantastic restaurants, and a commuter friendly location the better question isn’t “Why live in Wellesley?” but rather “Why not live in Wellesley?” For more information on living in Wellesley, MA go to http://theshulkinwilkgroup.com.